I’d love to help you take your mental and physical fitness to the next level, get your power back and map out a plan to achieve your goals.
Hi, I’m Cheryl.
Master level life coach, clinical hypnotherapist and NLP (neuro linguistic programming) practitioner. Level 5 Sports Massage Therapist, surfer, travel addict and outdoor enthusiast. I’m passionate about physical and mental fitness and my mission is to empower people to unlock and align the power of their mind and their body so that they can lead their happiest, healthiest and most successful life.
After 20 years in the corporate world, latterly as Group Strategy Director of LV=, I decided it was time for a change. A big change. I spent a few weeks in Zambia working with a charity called Barefeet Theatre, helping them to build a sustainable business model and coaching some of their senior employees. http://barefeettheatre.org/ That experience was transformational for me. It was so rewarding and humbling that it accelerated a decision I knew I had to make in order to live my best life.
So in my 40s I left my secure and well-paid job to pursue my passion for helping other people to be the best they can be, combining my corporate experience in business transformation with my personal love of wellbeing, massage and mindset management into my new holistic mind and body business, Reset Mind and Massage. This involved getting qualified in life coaching, hypnotherapy, NLP and cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), qualifying in Level 5 Sports Massage and Soft Tissue Therapy with the LSSM, as well as spending a few weeks in Bali learning traditional Balinese massage from Indonesia’s most experienced tutors.
In addition to 20 years’ experience of leading teams and coaching individuals in the corporate environment, I have the following qualifications:
- First class MA degree in Modern Languages (Oxford University)
- BTEC Level 5 Professional Diploma in Soft Tissue Therapy & Sports Massage (London School of Sports Massage)
- Integrated Mastery Diploma in clinical hypnotherapy, NLP and life coaching
- Master Life Coach
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Diploma
- Certified CAM Practitioner – Transformational Coaching Specialist
- Master Clinical Hypnotherapist
- Master NLP practitioner
- EFT practitioner
- CIBTAC endorsed qualification in Balinese massage (Jamu Spa School in Nusa Dua, Bali)
- Financial Advice Certificate (Institute of Financial Services, now part of the London Institute of Banking and Finance)
My Professional Memberships
- I am a fully accredited member of the ACCPH, which means I’m vetted and qualified to do the work that I do. You can view my profile here. https://www.accph.org.uk/united-kingdom/lilliput/therapists-and-coaches/cheryl-binnis
- I am a verified member of the Life Coach Directory. You can view my profile here: https://www.lifecoach-directory.org.uk/lifecoaches/cheryl-binnis
- I am a full member of the ISRM (the Institute of Sport & Remedial Massage), having gained my Level 5 BTEC professional diploma in soft tissue therapy and sports massage with the London School of Sports Massage (LSSM), under the tutelage of soft tissue and sports injury rehabilitation expert Mel Cash.
During my 20 years’ experience working in retail and financial services industries, I held senior leadership roles in marketing, strategy, insight, operations and finance, working with people at all levels, including senior managers, executives and Board members. I ran a number of strategic programmes and transformational projects, including mergers, brand repositioning and strategic reviews. This experience gave me a real insight into the challenges and successful strategies involved in transformational change, both at a corporate, cultural and human level.
My corporate career taught me that if you want to live your happiest, healthiest, most successful life, you need to be really clear on where you want to get to, what you want to achieve and the steps you will commit to take to get there. That goes for your career, your work projects and every aspect of your personal life. Without that clarity, you’re unlikely to achieve your full potential and be the best that you can be. It sounds obvious, but very few of us actually take the time and make the commitment to map this out.
Above all, and inspired by my idol, renowned wellbeing guru Jillian Michaels (pictured with me below) I learned how critical it is to take time out for you, keep the promises that you make to yourself and invest in your personal growth, your mental strength and your physical health. And that’s exactly what I’m here to help you do.