I’d love to help you take your mental and physical fitness to the next level, get your power back and achieve your goals.
Hello, I’m Cheryl.
Master level life coach, clinical hypnotherapist and NLP (neuro linguistic programming) practitioner. Level 5 Sports Massage and Soft Tissue Therapist, surfer, travel and outdoor enthusiast. I’m passionate about physical and mental fitness and my mission is to empower people to maximise the power of their mind and their body so that they can lead their happiest, healthiest and most successful life.
After 20 years in the corporate world, latterly as Group Strategy Director of LV=, I decided it was time for a change. A big change. I spent a few weeks in Zambia working with a charity called Barefeet Theatre, helping them to build a sustainable business model and coaching some of their senior employees. http://barefeettheatre.org/ That experience was transformational for me. It was so rewarding and humbling that it accelerated a decision I knew I had to make in order to live my best life.
So in my 40s I left my secure and well-paid job to pursue my passion for helping other people to be the best they can be, combining my corporate experience in business transformation with my personal love of wellbeing, massage and mindset management into my new holistic mind and body business, Reset Mind and Massage. This involved getting qualified in life coaching, clinical hypnotherapy and NLP as well as qualifying in Level 5 Sports Massage and Soft Tissue Therapy with the LSSM, and spending a few weeks in Bali learning traditional Balinese massage from Indonesia’s most experienced tutors.
In addition to 20 years’ experience of leading teams and coaching individuals in the corporate environment, I have the following qualifications:
- First class MA degree in Modern Languages (Oxford University)
- BTEC Level 5 Professional Diploma in Soft Tissue Therapy & Sports Massage (London School of Sports Massage)
- Integrated Mastery Diploma in clinical hypnotherapy, NLP and life coaching
- Master Life Coach
- Master Clinical Hypnotherapist
- Master Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) practitioner
- Advanced Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Diploma
- Certified CAM Practitioner – Transformational Coaching Specialist
- Mental Health First Aider (MHFA England)
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) practitioner
- CIBTAC endorsed qualification in Balinese massage (Jamu Spa School in Nusa Dua, Bali)
- Financial Advice Certificate (Institute of Financial Services, now part of the London Institute of Banking and Finance)
My Professional Memberships
- I am a full member of the Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT) and on their Accredited Register for sports massage, hypnotherapy and neuro-linguistic programming (NLP). This register is approved by the Professional Standards Authority. You can view my profile here. https://www.fht.org.uk/users/binnis213698 This means that I am qualified and vetted to do the work that I do and that I meet high standards in relation to Continuous Professional Development. It also means that if you have a health cash plan with a provider such as Westfield Health, Medicash, Healthshield, UK Healthcare and WHA Direct, they may cover the cost of massage or hypnotherapy treatments provided by me (depending on the terms and conditions of your particular policy)
- I am a full member of the ISRM (the Institute of Sport & Remedial Massage), having gained my Level 5 BTEC professional diploma in soft tissue therapy and sports massage with the London School of Sports Massage (LSSM), under the tutelage of soft tissue and sports injury rehabilitation expert Mel Cash
- I am a fully accredited member of the ACCPH. You can view my profile here. https://www.accph.org.uk/united-kingdom/lilliput/therapists-and-coaches/cheryl-binnis
- I am a verified member of the Life Coach Directory. You can view my profile here: https://www.lifecoach-directory.org.uk/lifecoaches/cheryl-binnis
During my 20 years’ experience working in retail and financial services industries, I held senior leadership roles in marketing, strategy, insight, operations and finance, working with people at all levels, including senior managers, executives and Board members. I ran a number of strategic programmes and transformational projects, including mergers, brand repositioning and strategic reviews. This experience gave me a real insight into the challenges and successful strategies involved in transformational change, both at a corporate, cultural and human level.
My corporate career taught me that if you want to live your happiest, healthiest, most successful life, you need to be really clear on where you want to get to, what you want to achieve and the steps you will commit to take to get there. That goes for your career, your work projects and every aspect of your personal life. Without that clarity, you’re unlikely to achieve your full potential and be the best that you can be. It sounds obvious, but very few of us actually take the time and make the commitment to map this out.
Above all, and inspired by my idol, renowned wellbeing guru Jillian Michaels (pictured with me below) I learned how critical it is to take time out for you, keep the promises that you make to yourself and invest in your personal growth, your mental strength and your physical health. And that’s exactly what I’m here to help you do.